2.1 Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) with Simcenter Flow
In this seminar, the fluid mechanics and mathematical fundamentals, the five CFD work steps and the interpretation of the results are treated using several case studies. The "Simcenter Flow" solver from MAYA is used.
- Methodology of the five work steps of CFD
- CAD methods for creating the fluid volume
- Choice of turbulence model
- Material properties for fluids
- Recommendations for time step size and convergence control
- Solving and control of solution progress
- Post processing: flow velocity, pressure distribution, forces and torques
- Quality assurance
- Case Studies:
- Manifold flow,
- nozzle and diffuser flow, turbo machinery, etc.