Freelance CAE-Consultant. Jens Hamann, born 1947, studied electrical engineering and electrical Machines at the TechnicalUniversity in Brunswick, Germany.
After his PhD 1979 in Brunswick, Germany, he started his career as electrical engineer for electrical drives at Siemens AG, Dynamowerk Berlin. He was responsible for the electrical design of electrical motors and generators like hydroelectric power generators.
In 1986 he moved to Erlangen to join the system test of Motion Control as Senior Engineer and established the Mechatronic Support for motion control as Deputy Director.
In April 2005, he was appointed head of Motion Control for Research & Development (R&D 2), Mechatronic Systems and Support, Advanced Development and Innovation Management.
In 2006 he was appointed Senior Principal at head of Research & Development, Motion Control Systems.
Dr. Hamann retired end of December 2014. Starting the first of January 2015, Dr. Hamann works as consultant for:
Dr. Binde Ingenieure Design & Engineering GmbH
Management / implementation skills
- Reputation / standing
- key note speaker at mechatronics 2010 conferences
- Various publications in journals and SIEMENS technical books
- Member in relevant decision boards and customer boards
- Finalist top+ award 2014 category Innovation
- Inventors Award 2014 for Industry category mechanic/mechatronic
- Persistence to drive implementation
- drives network of MC‘s machine tool experts
- Siemens sector wide trouble shoot advising towards top management
- continuous driving strategic technology application patents
- continuous far-sighted initiatives for further developing of controllers and drives
- customer and market understanding
- more than 20 years of experience in electrical machinery architectural analysis and commissioning,
- 20 years expert in customer advice at the field of improving mechatronics machine functionality
- comprehensive understanding of the customers processes and the possible value creation through Motion Control business
- successful customer acquisition :
for all Siemens OEM worldwide
Technology / invention skills
- Track record of successful innovation
- pioneering work to build up comprehensive understanding of the entire electric and mechanic drive train since 1986
- beginning with customer- and application oriented test strategies the team and core competencies were enhanced to an innovative mechatronic development department which in the meantime became active and renowned in development projects beyond Siemens BU and division
- Dr. Hamann continuously attracted top talents for his ideas and has won them for Siemens
- He developed and established the business concept of MC /DT Mechatronic Support which is a key lever to gain new customers
- Examples of latest Innovations are the magnetic conveyor chain and the magnet bearings ( with resp. patents)
- Technological expertise
- Key expert for complex electrical/mechanical development
- Key expert for virtual production engineering at MC customers
- Key expert for mechatronic engineering to improve machine productivity and reliability