The seminar is intended to give simulation users an introduction to working with Siemens NX and impart the most important methods for preparing the model for simulation.
For this purpose, basic NX knowledge is imparted, which enables the user to understand and change the structure of existing models. Special CAD methods are also dealt with, which can be used to reduce the complexity of existing models. This also includes methods for deriving mid-surfaces, the extraction of interior spaces for CFD calculations and CAD preparations for FE boundary conditions. The handling of parametric, unparametric (neutral and foreign formats), as well as error-prone models is trained. Optionally, modeling methods are also shown, which aim to parameterize models in a way that is suitable for calculation in order to enable parameter optimization.
- Experience in 3D CAD is an advantage
- Knowledge of the FEM
- NX basics
- Modeling, individual parts and assemblies
- Synchronous modeling
- Midplane creation
- Extraction of flow volumes
- Info and analysis functions
- Handling of import geometry formats
- Teamcenter export / import
- Interfaces to CAE packages
- FE-compatible model preparation